Friday, January 7, 2011

Word of the Year "Stretch"


As I have been reflecting on others resolutions and what it means to make a resolution. This has been my conclusion of the week and how I came up with my own "Word for the Year." I am finally posting this blog that I began in Jan.

I was sitting with a friend the in middle of Jan. and she shared her word of the year with me FOCUS!! She says, Focus is my word for this year. She proclaimed it boldly and confidently. What focus means to her is that everyday she will stay present with each moment. I believe her Focus will be clear and her dreams and resolution for this year will come into being.

Why you ask? Because she is creating what she wants by taking everyday and being present with each moment. I want my word to be FOCUS:(I love it and how it just fits this amazing women.)

As I speak with people about what they want in their health. Most people are done with New Resolutions because they have made them for years and all fail miserably. But in asking them to pick a word, a lady I chatted with today. Right away she said I know my word it is "RENEWED"!!! Wow, she knows what she wants and is taking control of her life and renewing her mind daily to go against what the past says about her and walk with a renewed might fearless and equipment to accomplish her goals to go horseback riding again with her granddaughter, to be an example to her students in health and eating habits, to have energy and feel good about herself. I can now say she is down over 30 lbs and only a few lbs from her healthy BMI!! And Yes she has set an example all around her!!

I have been encouraged and challenged in the last few months from all of our amazing clients and health coaches that have joined us in this pursuit to get America Healthy One Person at a time. They are changing their orientation from being unhealthy to creating health and no longer letting food control their lives. One client in 9 months down 155 lbs simply amazing. They are learning to adapt daily habits of using food as fuel.

Even as a health coach of a year and a half. It is a choice daily to keep health at the center of my life. The days I fail miserable...I don't let it dictate my future I go after the next day with Purpose and find the person I can pour into and stop looking at myself. Health and fitness is possible for anyone. Thanks to Habits of Health System/Take Shape for Life and my go to fitness girl Tracy Anderson Method!!!

Believing and Structural Tension: You don't have to believe that you can lose weight and gain back that confidence. It is all about taking the first step and the daily steps to get you to where you want to be.

I am daily amazed at the life I am living out. Be on Purpose as Kevin MacCarthy would say. This man and his study has forever changed my life. Bible based, Centering your life, and learning your purpose statement. What is your burning desire and purpose on this planet? Learn it and Live it out Loud!!
http://www.on-purpose.com/

Here are some links for tips on starting fresh.. getting your thoughts and dreams on paper is a powerful thing that will launch you forward. Don't keep your thoughts locked up any longer. They are not doing any good staying inside.

Write out your Commitment
http://coachtofitness.tsfl.com/?page=blogs/view&BLID=1053 (read more of Dr. Andersen's Blogs at www.habitsofhealth.net)

Tracy Anderson Dancing on the Treadmill that I have been sharing with many of you:)Exercise is great for overall health but will not help you lose weight. I like to introduce a walking plan about a month into the weight loss phase of the program. If you like to dance and are close to your healthy weight. This is a fun exercise and you will see amazing results. Start at 10 minutes skipping and work yourself up into doing the other moves.Slowly upping your time up to 45 minutes. Again this is a great maintain exercise regiment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLD5TOi6g4&playnext=1&list=PLDB56C952C45614B0

I know they both have the same last name but spelled different:)

My greatest Joy is supporting people to health. If I can assist you or some one you love to health. I enjoy equipping and empowering you in the process of getting to your healthy BMI (body mass index) along the journey adapting the daily habits to keep off the weight and thrive in our lives!!

I am so thankful that when I was in Master's Commission in 1999 that the leadership gave me an Ostrich as a symbol of what I allowed the Lord to do in me. I was always up for the challenge in those younger years. But as I became a wife, mom, and just got busy with life I shut off the switch of being stretched. We all need to grow and stretch to become who God has called us to be, and more importantly become the man and women you know that is deep inside of you. Stretching this year has not been easy, but I would not trade it for the world. I have that passion for life back. I am up for the challenge that our country is under with this crisis of Obesity and Un-healthy Habits.It is killing people way to young when we have a cure.

Whatever your challenge is in your health right now. If you are in the middle of your health and wieght loss journey, just starting, or have 300 lbs to lose. All you have to do is take the first step to learn and adapt new and healthy habits daily that will help you THRIVE in your life not just survive!!! I am here to help always.

Better Together-

Thea Wood




The Joy of my Life!!


No comments: